Friday, June 03, 2005

Hello, everyone. I’ve been a bad Blogger.

The truth is, I sort-of wasted a bunch of time at work on Wednesday, which made Thursday and today busier than usual. That and I was handed a project with a very short deadline.

So, sorry if you’ve checked back only to find my last post over and over again.

My life has been good lately. I’ve been tired, which gives me a tendency to feel a little down. But I’ve been tired because I’ve been having fun in the evenings. And really, there’s no better reason to be tired.

On Wednesday evening I went with my friend Brent to the Dodgers/Cubs game at Dodgers stadium. Yes, I was one of the 52,000 people there that night. So you may have spotted me. I risked my anonymity by going to the game, but it was worth it.

I’m not really a big fan of any baseball team. I’m definitely not a die-hard Dodgers fan. Sure, they had a decent start to the season, but have you caught a game during the last month? I’m beginning to think those boys like getting spanked so hard.

Having said that, some good baseball was played on Wednesday night. And we got to see a really big fight between, like, 8 guys. It was pretty far away so I have no idea what it was about, but the punches were being thrown all over the place.

I’m not a big fan of ballpark brawls, actually. I like going to the ballpark every summer because it’s such an “all-American” experience. Part of that experience was the dignity and respect involved. It’s usually a pretty non-violent sport, except for those rare occasions when the players on steroids start mouthing off to each other and fight breaks out.

But what happened to civility? Dignity? Respect? I went to the ballpark a couple of times with my Dad when I was a boy, and I really enjoyed the experience. These days I think I’d be afraid to take one of my kids to the ballpark, what with all the swearing and disrespect and drunken fighting. I don’t want to shelter my kids from life. But it would be nice if they saw people generally behaving well towards others.

And while I’m on the issue of civility and behaving oneself, since when did you become so important that you had to talk on the cell phone while you’re taking a dump in the stall next to me, Mr. Nasty Ass? I don’t need to know how much you spent on breakfast the last 2 days. I don’t need to hear you grunt words to your girlfriend while you work on that turtle head that’s poking out. Not cool, guy. Not cool.

I might even let it slide if today was the only time it happened. But this is the third or fourth time!

Next time I’m kicking in the door, grabbing the phone, and giving it a self-guided tour of the building’s sewer system…

3 comments:

jazz said...

ahhh....

i love baseball games!

ChickyBabe said...

Funny when life gets in the way of blogging...

:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah- what's up with life getting in the way of blogging? I don't know. So wrong. (Kidding, of course.)