Monday, September 05, 2005

Notes From Hawaii - Part the Second


I’ve just received word that I can now unveil the identity of my Very Good Friend, on one condition. As long as her new name is always capitalized, we can dispense with the name that makes us sound like a 40-something gay couple (not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Drum roll please…..My Very Good Friend is…..

My Wife.

I know, I know. For those of you out there that have been to the Soda Fountain frequently, you already knew this. I’m just excited because it’s less typing. And I sound Heterosexual again. That’s a bonus for me.

We’re two days into the cruise…and it’s been awesome! My Wife and I are having a great time.

We slept very well the first night. After the guy next door stopped pounding his wife like a mallard duck.

We got up the next morning, looked out our window, and there was Hilo. That’s the big island, or so I’m told. We threw on our swimsuits and were off to our first “excursion”, sea kayaking.

Yeah, it was pretty amazing. We paddled about a mile across the sea to a river and then paddled up the river to a waterfall. I’d love to show you pictures, but our digital camera isn’t waterproof. My Wife and I paddled behind the waterfall then out underneath it and back to the group. We didn’t capsize once…yeah, we’re the shit like that.

We jumped over the side of the kayak and into the cool fresh water…the water was clear and beautiful. A few of us climbed a rope up the side of the rocky cliff, made our way over to the waterfall, and actually slid down the waterfall one by one. Water parks in Southern California can’t compete with that…it was awesome!

Then My Wife and I climbed back up the rope (we were the only two this time) to actually jump off the cliff. We got up there, looked down, and thought….wow, this is pretty high. I took a deep breath and gave a good jump. I honestly tried not to scream like a little schoolgirl, but I’m not sure I was successful. Still, it was a rush. More importantly, it solidified our status in the group as “The Crazy Ones.”

Our whole bodies ached from kayaking, so we laid low the rest of yesterday.

This morning we arrived at Maui. My Wife and I went ashore and up into the mountains to…well, how do I put this…to (basically) hang from a zipline several hundred feet above the forest floor and zoom from point A to point B.

It was quite a rush. We had some very cool guides, and I was actually able to video a run on one of the lines for the viewers at home. It’s too big to put online, but maybe you can come over when we’re back in town and I’ll show it to you? You’ll have to wait a couple of days…we didn’t exactly leave the house “spotless” when we left.

Tonight we watched the sunset over Maui. It was stunning.

I can’t believe I’m here…



P.S. As odd as it is, I miss Lil’ Shorty, MILF, Pinky, Orange, Brick, and Dutch Girl from the office. Hope you all are well.

1 comment:

ChickyBabe said...

I always wondered about your Very Good Friend...now I know it's a she! ;)