Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Allison's Moving

In an effort to keep my one faithful reader, I've changed the formatting of the Soda Fountain back to it's previous state. Funny, but I consider this more of an eyesore than the updated one. It seems to me that if Blogger can accept HTML code, then I should be able to develop a completely unique skin for the Soda Fountain using Dreamweaver and import the code. That is, at least, my hope.

I think I told y'all early last year (in this post) about a dream I had in which Allison met me for coffee.

She's moving to LA, with her husband and new baby. She called me out of the blue about 3 weeks ago to tell me the news. I'm excited, but it's also weirding me out a little bit. It isn't that she's moving out that weirds me out, or even the dream. It isn't sexual tension, either.

Without making it overly complex, here is the issue. I always saw her as having the potential to be a great, great friend. The friendship never had the opportunity to be fully realized 10 years ago because I was quite the self-obsessed asshole, making very poor decisions, resisting maturity with an ease that defies definition.

I'd love for the friendship to have air to grow while she's out here. But the fact that we're grown and both married complicates things so much. I don't want to cause problems for either marriage in any way, shape, or form. I want to grow a friendship based on who we are now not who we were, who we thought we were, or how memories have distorted who the other was.

Patrick and Allison, welcome to LA. I hope the move went well.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

It seems ChickyBabe left a comment about this post under my "spilled mocha" post.

In response, all I can say is "it's difficult to be non-threatening to someone's spouse when you're as good looking and passionately talented as I am..."

No, I'm not serious. :)

ChickyBabe said...

D'oh! I've done that before... left a comment on a previous post. Must have been from the after party ;).

And I love your response! I've missed that J-style humour :).